Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Tasty Tuesday



Time for a recipe this week, I make this banana bread regularly for conferences at our church.  It freezes extremely well and defrosted and buttered is fantastic.

I prefer it hot just out of the oven though ;)

Ingredients:

200g plain flour

1tsp baking powder

1tsp bicarbonate of soda

1 pinch of salt

125g unsalted softened butter

220g caster sugar

2 eggs

2 large or 3 small ripe bananas

Optional vanilla essence: few drops

150 ml buttermilk or regular milk soured with half a lemon squeezed (on my photo, you can actually see I did not have a lemon I used half a lime).

Gas Mark 180 degree Celsius, one loaf tin, grease proof paper.

I break the bananas into the soured milk and whizz with hand mixer till smooth, than I put the rest of the ingredients and process till all is well mixed.  I pour the mixture in the tin till 3/4 full, and I put it in the pre-warmed oven for about 45 mn. If you have slightly more mixture just put a couple of cases in a muffin tin and use remainder.  These little ones will take less long to cook so keep an eye on them.

Test by plunging a dry knife in the middle, if the mixture sticks to the knife carry on cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.  Check it again till done.  All oven work differently, make it work for you.




If you have any question, please contact me through my email address above my comment box.  Check out my other Tasty Tuesday... I love talking about food...

I fancied doing a Tuesday Tag - Along hosted by Twee Poppets , why don't join in the fun by clicking the button below...


Tuesday Tag-Along

18 comments:

Emily's Family said...

HI there, I found you through Tuesday Tag Along, I hope you come by and follow me also.

http://www.couponmommyof3.com/

Turning the Clock Back said...

Hey there! Just stopped by to check out the blog. Found you through the new Tuesday Tagalong...come follow back if you get the chance!

Diane
www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Traci66 said...

Hello. I am here via TTA and decided to follow your blog. Maybe you can come see me. I am #4 Traci66 on Mr. Linky or http://traci66.blogspot.com

Happy Gramma said...

I love banana bread and yours looks wonderful!I am going to enjoy looking at more of your recipes!
I am tagging along on Tag-Along Tuesday!
Come visit me @
www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This looks yummy, Raymonde! Love the picture! I make banana bread regularly as well. It's always an ego booster when my family lets the bananas go brown just so I'll make my banana bread! I'll have to try your recipe! God bless!

Unknown said...

LOOKS YUMMY!
I am so happy I found you on the Tag-Along! Happy Tuesday! I am following your blog now - hope you can jog over to my blogs and check them out!

Erica said...

Hello!
I am commenting you back from the TTA. The photos on your blog are amazing!
-Mama E

Cara said...

HI, I found you on Tag Along.I hope you come follow me also. Love your site :)

http;//onesassysavvymama.blogspot.com

Heavenly Savings said...

MMMmmmm!!! I’m a new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Tuesday Tag-along! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

Unknown said...

Hi, I love your blog.
I’m visiting from the Tuesday Tag-Along over on Twee Poppets. I’m a new follower and would sincerely appreciate if you’d visit my blog. Follow if you like it: http://www.mytottravels.blogspot.com

BTW... can I add nuts to the banana bread? I'm going to try it tonight!

Regards,
Lilli (#88 on the list)
www.MyTotsTravel.com

Twee Poppets said...

Hello! Thanks for tagging along this week at the Tuesday Tag-Along blog hop hosted by Twee Poppets! I was already following your blog, but just wanted to stop by and say thanks!

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com

Claudia Medeiros said...

Yummy bread, Raymonde ! I love banana recipes ! Thanks for sharing this delicious one :)

Blessings, xoxoxoxo

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

Hi I'm following from Tuesday Tag Along
http://girlinair.blogspot.com/

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

I am so happy I found you through Tuesday Tag-Along! I am following your blog now. Hope you visit mine as well.
Beautiful lighting in your kitchen! And your creation looks delicious!

Thanks,
Scarlet
http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from TTA! Hope you'll stop by too!

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Girl.... I love your photos and recipes. I'm glad that I followed from Tuesday Tag Along.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb ….I am from Tues. tag-along I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Hi, I found you on Tuesday tag-along! your bannana bread recipe looks wonderful.
Im one of your newest followers!
Please stop by my blog, if you get time ~
http://candlesinks.blogspot.com/

~Melissa :0)