Friday, 28 May 2010

Five Questions Friday - 3





1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?

I really have to think of this one.  I am out-going and I talk to anybody,  I have learned to stand up for my children and I do not suffer fools gladly.  My motto is : What's the worst that can happen?  I do not take failure to heart anymore, I just try again.  Don't think this has come about easily...

So right now I cannot think of something I actually need courage to do, is this tempting fate?! lol

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?

Clothes or shoes that he would see anyway eventually.  I do not like to be secretive about money with my husband.  I am at Stay at home Mum and he goes out to work very hard.  I am blessed and provided for abundantly.  Come to think of it, I would probably tell him what I got before spending it.

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?

The slide, I would go up and down and  up and down.  You could only find slides in the playground when I was a child.   Swings were easy to come by in gardens but slides only in playground.  And they were shiny.

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?

 I discovered the Full English as they call it when I came to live in England and at the time I wondered how people could eat a savoury meal for breakfast.  Up until then being brought up in a French family,  breakfast was not that important.  A black coffee, and a croissant would suffice.

These days I looked forward to Saturday with my husband who will cook:  bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, fried bread, black pudding.  It is filling and we are out for the day, it means lunch can be a very light affair.




5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?

Well if you had asked me that 20 years ago I would have said definitely Messy Bessy.  But being married and having kids has kind of changed my attitude to housework and tidyness.  These days it depends which room and what mood I am in.  I always like coming down in the morning to a tidy clean kitchen, so I will make sure that the night before it is done.

I am learning to let my kids (teenagers) do their own room, that's not always easy!

If I am in a middle of  a project in the lounge it stays put unless I have people coming around.

I like clean and uncluttered rooms on the whole.  But it is not the end of the world if it is messy and we are having fun.


These Five Question Fridays are great hosting by Mama M.




4 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Fun to hear more about you! The breakfast looks wonderful:) Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings and hugs,
Karen

Claudya Martinez said...

I want to be more like you in regards to your answer to number one. I mean really, what is the worst that could happen? Most of the time if you don't accomplish whatever goal it's not like you are worse off for trying and you can always try again.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

Mama M. said...

Are those beans?! I find it so interesting to see what people in other cultures eat!

And...what's black pudding? Sounds so interesting!