Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Tasty Tuesday - End of year Dinner

This is a day we have looked forward to since Liam started college at Westminster College (London), back in 2008.  He had already started working part-time in a hotel/restaurant and wanted to received good training from a reputable catering college.  I still remember going around open evenings and asking questions and listening to lecturers.

This year Westminster College is celebrating its centenary (1910 - 2010) and Liam is part of the new batch of commis-chef finishing their Professional Scholarship Diploma in June.  All of them should do well.  None are afraid of hard work and very long hours.

We were spoiled from beginning to end at this end of year dinner.


The front of house staff are also training at the college and they did an impeccable job.

We arrived to a champagne reception and canapés:  Oysters tempura, gazpacho, tuna tartare were but a few of the delightful bites on offer.

We then sat down.  Our table was very pleasant sharing with other parents and friends of fellow students.

We were promptly served an asparagus velouté with truffle foam in a coffee cup as apetizer:  it got the thumbs up.

The starter:  Pan-fried scallops, Black pudding and pea purée.

Main course:  Roast rack of Welsh lamb, Dauphinois Potatoes, Stuffed courgettes flowers.



Cooked to perfection with an extra rosemary jus.  This was absolutely delicious.

The dessert was fantastic:  Rhubarb with custard ice-cream.



At the end of the meal all the students came out to be congratulated.  They were then allowed to greet family and friends.


Well done Liam and fellow students.  You have talent guys!



We are very proud parents.  We have a little joke going on at home, that I am such a fussy eater I needed to have a chef at all time!!!  The thing is Liam your French grand-father would have been delighted to see what you are capable of.


I think I will not try and compete at that height!!!

This is my blogging entry for Tasty Tuesday.


I am participating in the Tuesday Tag-along taking place at Twee Poppets.  If you want to join the fun click the button below and link up yourself.

Tuesday Tag-Along

10 comments:

BrettBMartin said...

hi! that food looks amazing :o)


new follower from the blog hop

http://thismamalovesherbargains.blogspot.com

TaGa_Luto said...

Oh, Raymonde! How wonderful and fancy. Pls. tell Liam they indeed did a great job. Plating looks so good. Garde Mange Chef instructor should be proud of them. And ofcourse the rest of the Chef Instructors.

I can't wait to be where you are now when Pam gets to finish her culinary school next year=;)

MaddyRoseLiliane said...

Well isn't he a little bit clever! and although i didn't get to eat this food i did get to see my bro :) xxxx

The Mommy said...

Every thing looks delicious. Glad you had a good time. *Yay* for Liam!
Hope you get a chance to hop on to my blog again!
Have a great day

Amanda Tempel said...

Hey there :)

I am a new follower from Tuesday Tag Along.
I hope you'll stop by and follow me too.

http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

Karen Lange said...

What an exciting time! And what fun, to have a chef in the family. The meal looked wonderful, I am a bit envious as I was planning on heating up leftovers for dinner tonight. They pale in comparison...

Thanks for sharing, and many hugs and blessings to you!
Karen
xoxox

VM Sehy Photography said...

Congratulations! That meal sounds very tasty.

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

Hi. Just popping in from Tuesday Tag Along to friend you. Visit us at www.couponsaregreat.net

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You're the proud parents of a skilled chef. The food at Liam look absolutely delicious, I know you had a good time. Anyway, I'm tagging behind the Tuesday blog hop - but I'm here - and your newest follower.

Hope you'll come visit my blog and follow me too? Thanks! http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow. He did a great job. How lovely.