Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Tasty Tuesday
Fruit Cake: quick and easy recipe...
Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 170 Celsius/375 Farenheit/ Gas mark 3
225g (8oz) self raising flour
2x5ml (2tsp) mixed spice
1x5ml (1tsp) baking powder
125g (4oz) soft butter
125 (4oz) soft brown sugar
225g (8oz) dried mixed fruit, even if it is only for an hour, I like to soak mine in tea
2 eggs
3x15ml spoon (3tbsp) milk
Optional: 2oz of chopped nuts, walnuts are particularly good in this mixture.
Sift the flour, spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into a lined with greaseproof paper loaf tin.
Bake in the centre of the oven till a skewer, when inserted into the centre comes out clean. Mine takes usually 45 minutes. Make your oven work for you.
Turn out and cool on the wire rack.
Served buttered to be thoroughly decadent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like the idea of soaking your dried fruit in tea. I've not thought of that.
the cake looks great!
Put the coffee on and I'll be over for a slice. LOL
Looks good!
Hugs!
Post a Comment